KARACHI: In the wake of third wave of Covid 19, The Sindh government has issued fresh SOPs for Holy month of Ramazan.
The directives of the Sindh government reads as under:
Pursuance to the unanimous declaration from President in consultation with Ulema as conveyed vide National Command & Operation Centre (NCOC), Government of Pakistan Document Code: 61-02 Version 02 dated 02.04.2021, the Government of Sindh in exercise of powers under section 3 (1) of Sindh Epidemic Diseases Act 2014 (Act VIII of 2015) is pleased to adopt the same for implementation/ arrangements for Namaz. and Taraweeh in Masjids and Imambargahs throughout the Province of
Sindh from the date of commencement of Ramazan as under:-
* Carpet or rugs will not be spread/laid in Masajids or Imambargalis, prayers will be offered on the bare floors.
* Clean chatais can be used if the floor is earthen,
* If people wish to bring their own prayer mats from home, they can do so.
* Before and after the prayers, people should avoid gathering in crowds.
* In Masajids and Imambargahs, where there is a courtyard, prayers will be offered not inside but in the
® Those older than 50 years, adolescent children and those suffering from flu, cough, ete should not come toMasajids or Imambargahs.
* Namaz Taraweeh will be arranged within the boundaries of the Masajids or Imambargahs. Praying or roads and footpaths will be avoided. An attached map should be useful in this connection (with 6 feet distancing).
¢ The floor of the Masajids and Imambargahs should be cleaned with Chlorine solution in water.
¢ The same solution should be used to wipe the chatais before Namaz.
* Rows of the praying individuals should be aligned so that there is a distance of 6 feet between individuals.
There is an attached map which can assist in achieving this.
* Masajids and Imambargahs should constitute committees consisting of responsible individuals who will ensure the adherence to precautionary measures.
* It will be easy for the Namazis if the administrators of Masajids and Imambargahs, place marks for the
Namazis on the floors according to correct distances. This will facilitate in the placement of the Namazis.
* People should come to the Masajids or Imambargahs after doing ablution and washing hands with soap for 2 seconds.
* It is obligatory that mask is worn before coming to Masajids or Imambargahs and not to shake hands or hug anyone in the Masajids and Imambargahs.
* Avoid touching the face. This can be done after washing hands after returning home,
¢ In the current situation, it is better that Aitikaf is performed at home.
¢ Sehr and aftar should not be arranged at the Masajids or the Imambargahs.
¢ The administration of Masajids, Imambargahs, Imam and Khateebs should communicate and collaborate with the district and provincial authorities and the police.
e The administrations of the Masajids and the Imambargahs are being given permission conditional upon observation of these precautionary measures.
¢ If during Ramzan, the government feels that these precautionary measures are not being observed or the number of affectees has risen to a dangerous level, then the government will revise its policy related to Masajids and Imambargahs, as for other departments. The government has also the right to change the orders and policy regarding severely affected specific areas.
The Secretary, Augaf and Religious Affairs Department, Sindh and the respective Commissioners of Divisions and Deputy Commissioners in Sindh are empowered under section 3 (1) of the above said Act to issue further orders, directions, notices to put this order into effect in letter and spirit and to clarify further for implementation purpose.