The Sindh government has taken major decision closing government offices and all educational institutions at at a meeting of Provincial Corona Virus Task Force on Monday.
Spokesman of Chief Minister, Abdul Rashid Chana said Syed Murad Ali Shah took important decision in view of the corona virus situation.
* Decision to close government offices in Sindh
* All other office staff will work from home, spokesman said
* Secretaries will call their necessary staff
* Decision to close schools, colleges and other educational institutions
According to new instruction:
* Indoors and outdoor dining in restaurants closed.
* Takeway and delivery remain open
* Shopping centers to be closed after 6 pm
* If cases increased, the markets will be closed
* Prisoners’ interviews closed.
*Hospitals are exempted from these restrictions
* Public dealing and visiting office by public closed
* Inter-city transport will be closed from Thursday April 29
* Goods transport and industries will remain open – but will follow SOPs
* Office timing will be from 9am to 2pm
Major decisions were taken on Monday at a meeting of Provincial Corona Virus Task Force chaired by Sindh Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah.
The meeting was attended by provincial ministers, Dr. Azra Pechoho, Saeed Ghani, Ikramullah Dharijo, Nasir Hussain Shah, Murtaza Wahab, Qasim Siraj Soomro, Chief Secretary, IG Sindh, Additional Chief Secretary Home, Principal Secretary, Secretaries of Health, Education and Finance, Commissioner Karachi, Corps Five, Rangers, WHO representatives and other organizations.
Sindh health department through a presentation briefed the meeting about the situation of Corona virus in the province.
Major points of the Health Minister’s presentation are:
* There are 664 ICU beds with vents in Sindh, awareness in the meeting
* 47 patients with corona virus are on ventilators,
* Even now 453 beds with vents are vacant
* Dow Hospital Ojha, Trauma Center and Gambit Hospital have their own oxygen plants.
Chief Minister Syed Murad Ali Shah will address a press conference at 1.00 noon
It is a Developing story