KARACHI (May 22, 2021): As the cases of corona virus have increased, the Sindh government is likely to enforce lockdown in the whole of Karachi.
The Sindh government has sought recommendations from senior officials in this regard.
Police officials have demanded a budget, saying that without a budget, lockdown can become a source of income. In the last lockdown, the budget was given to the police.
Sources said that the lockdown decision may be implemented initially in Karachi.
Meanwhile, due to increase in virus cases, lockdown has been imposed in Manghopir and Mominabad areas of Karachi from today till June 4.
Provincial Task Force for Coronavirus decides to maintain existing sanctions across the province for next two weeks in view of Corona situation.
SOPs include following restrictions:
– All tourist centers, Sea View, Hawke’s Bay, Amusement Parks to closed for two weeks;
– Walking tracks will be kept open;
– The shops will remain open from Monday to 6 pm under SOPs.
– Inter-city transport with 50% of passengers, on violation heavy fine
- Departmental stores to remain open until 6 p.m.
- Education department to make arrangements for vaccination of teachers in educational institutions;
- The wedding hall will also be closed.
- The decision to reopen the schools will be taken when the situation of Corona improves.
Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has said that the number of corona cases has doubled as compared to pre Eid period. At present, the rate of positive cases of corona virus in the province has reached 8.8 percent.
A meeting of Corona Task Force was held in Karachi under the chairmanship of Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah.
In view of the increasing cases of Corona virus, a severe lockdown is expected in Karachi and sources said that the severe lockdown could be similar to last year’s.
The Federal Ministry of Education has also announced that schools in Karachi will remain closed till June 6 due to the spread of Corona virus.