KARACHI Oct 14,2021
The Sindh High Court Karachi, along with a written verdict against Sindh Assembly Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani, also released details of unnamed properties worth over Rs1.6 billion.
Posh unnamed properties were purchased at prime locations in Karachi, Islamabad, Bhurban and Abbottabad, while luxury vehicles were also included in the unnamed properties, a leading daily reported the details.
- The 500-yard plot number 115 in DHA Karachi Phase 6, purchased in 2011 in the name of Ghulam Murtaza
- A 1,000-yard plot in DHA Phase 6, purchased in the name of Shakeel Ahmed Soomro.
- Plot No. 169 of 1000 yards in DHA Phase 8 purchased in the name of Shakeel Ahmed Soomro.
- 40 acres of land in Malir district in Shah Mureed taluka land was purchased in the name of Munawar Ali in 2012.
- Plot number 66 of 1000 square yards in DHA Phase 6. This plot was purchased in 2013 in the name of Gul Bihar Lohar Baloch.
- Bungalow A3 in DHA Phase 5 unnamed property purchased in 2011 in the name of Muhammad Irfan.
The value of the said unnamed properties is Rs. 1.45 billion at the time of purchase.
- According to the report submitted by NAB to the high court, Agha Siraj Durrani also has prize bonds worth Rs 14.8 million and six luxury vehicles.
The Sindh High Court (SHC) along with a written decision has released the details of the visible and hidden assets of the wife and children of Sindh Assembly Speaker Agha Siraj Durrani.
- A car worth Rs 2.3 million and a flat worth more than Rs 2 crore in Sonia Durrani’s name.
- The money has also been invested in the name of Sonia Durrani in Zamzam Tower Commercial Lane which is said to be worth more than Rs 5.6 million at the time of purchase.
- A flat in the name of Shahana Durrani in Crescent Bay Karachi and the amount of this investment is more than Rs. 26.9 million.
- An investment of Rs. 10 million was also made in the name of Kausar Durrani in Islamabad
- An investment of Rs. 2.5 million made in the name of Kausar Durrani in Bhurban Saira Cottage while a car worth Rs. 3.5 million.
- A commercial plot of 200 yards in DHA Phase 5 in the name of Agha Shahbaz, which is worth Rs. 97 million. Agha Shahbaz owns a Jeep, a Hummer and a Mercedes in luxury vehicles worth more than Rs 252 million.
- An investment of Rs 4 crore was made in an apartment in Creek Vista in the name of Sanam Durrani, while Sanam Durrani also has a luxury Land Cruiser worth Rs 80 lakh.
- Besides, Sanam Durrani also has another vehicle worth Rs 5 lakh.
The decision issued by the SHC stated that
- Agha Shahbaz’s bank closing balance is more than 25.9 million.
- More than Rs. 26.7 million was invested in Crescent Bay Karachi in the name of Sara Durrani.
- A bungalow in the name of Naheed Durrani in DHA Phase 5, worth more than Rs. 78.3 million. Another bungalow in the name of Naheed Durrani in Abbottabad worth Rs. 27 million.